Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Dogs Life

 My life has been nothing but wonderful, I guess you could say that I was King of the dog pile. I live in the quaint town called Childress. My family consest of A big man with a smile on his face named Greg, next came his petite wife Kim, and last was their little girl with this curly blonde hair that would stick out in every way possible. She happen to be my favorit she was about 7 or so. Oh and my other family member was patches. He was well not what you would call masculine.
My Life though was soon about to change and this story would never be forgotten. Kim had left the gate open and my unmanly friend Patches,  said that it would be fun if we went threw the forbidden gate. I knew it was wrong but it did sound fun. Patches keep begging and begging and soon the peer pressure was to much for this young K-nine and I gave in. Being outside of the gate was amazing but I did feel bad because I knew deep inside my family wouldn't  like this. We walked around town for quit a bit then all of a sudden Patches was out of sight. I ran in a circle, I ran down the block and around the corner. He was now were to be found. Then it sank in " I was lost."So I did the only thing I could do but to keep walking and hoping that Patches would try to help my family find me. Soon the hours became days and the days became weeks. I knew that I had disapointed my family. My paws hurt I would have to rest often because they would bleed. My once pretty collie hair was know tangled and matted. " Oh what have I done " I thought to my self. 
Menwhile unknown to me my family was looking for me everyday they would go out and call my name. They called the vet put adds in the paper but they chould never find me. One night after the weeks turned to months my family gave up except one person. My frizzy haired friend Bergan. On one sad night her parnents knew that she needed to know that I wasn't coming home again. Kim tucked her in bed and kissed her head and said "honey I need to tell you something Blue isn't coming home." She started blankly back at her and said "Mommy I have prayed every  night since he left and I Know that God will bring him back to us." Kim slowly got up and walked out the door.

I had walk apoun hundreds and hundreds of miles. My paws hurt I would have to stop often because they would bleed.  My once When I could walk no longer I collasped on the porch of a random house. The cold concrett felt cool against my skin. My eyes were growing heavy and then before I knew it I was slowly slipping into a deep deep sleep.
When I awoke I was inside the house. There was a bowl of water and food. I limped over to eat and ate. The food was wonderful and the water just hit the spot but the only thing that came to my mind was this... this wasn't my food, this wasn't my house . All I really wanted to was to be loved my family that I had disappointed. In the next room I heard a man on the phone . Then I heard a click of the phone and I knew the conversation was over. He slowly walked into the room and held out his hand for me to get his scent. He seemed nice and his scent wasn't half bad either. He bent down so his head was next to mine and whispered soft and low "your going home boy, your going home". My head tilted to the left had I heard him right or was I going crazy.

Meanwhile at the Buckley house the phone rang usually everyone would sprint thinking it was a call about their lost compain. Kim slowly got up the phone was on its 3 ring then shock crossed her face never in her life will she be so surprised about she had just herd. There was a man on the phone who said he had our Blue Mearl Collie had he had walked all the way to Mangum Oklahoma. Kim made agraments for me to get bathed and groomed.

The sweet old man to me to a place were I was Bathed and groomed. Then all of a sudden the door flew open and there was my family . Bergan ran to me and bent eye level and just stared not knowing if it was really me. Then she flung her arms around me and gave me a hung "oh how I missed her hugs" , but wait there was one member of my family that wasn't here. Where was Greg? I ran all around the room hoping to find him but he was no were to be seen. Kim Shoved me in the back seat with Patches. It was even good to see him even though he was the case of al this. The drive home was long and I rested my head on Bergan's lap when I awoke we were in the down town of Childress right next to Greg's office. Then Kim tied a red bow on me. Thats when I relized that this was a surprise they hadn't told Greg they found me; I mean after all I was his dog. 
As soon as the door opened to his office I ran threw. My heart was racing, my tail was wagging and thats when I spotted him, my master. His head was bent over his evening case he had just gotten. I let out a loud bark that came from within one that said Im home and I missed you. He slowly raised his head not wanting to get his hopes up and there I sat with my head tilted to the side as if to say "hey buddy long time no see". He sprinted over to me and hugged me tight.It was good to be home  very, very, good.
Well thats my story. A story about how god works in weird ways, a story about how love and faith will always come 
trough, a story about a lesson well learned. Oh and not to mention a cute dog.

No comments: